FDA & International Consulting and Training Services
Enjoying a walk in Laguana Beach!
U.S. FDA Quality System Regulation (QSR/GMP) & FDA Inspections
Jim Kozick formerly the Director of Domestic Investigations for the Los Angeles District Office to be an instructor!
- Date: Monday, July 10, 2017
- Location: Paradise Pier Hotel, Disneyland Resort; Anaheim, California USA
FDA enforcement actions; such as, Warning Letters & Consent Decrees for Quality System violations can have a devastatingly negative impact both financially, competitively, and emotionally on a company. This course will provide an understanding of FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), 21 CFR 820, for medical device manufacturers and how it impacts all departments and personnel throughout an organization. The burden of complying with the QSR does not all fall on the Regulatory or Quality department. It is important that all departments throughout a company understand that they must fulfill their Quality System obligation in order for a Quality System to be compliant with the law. Understanding how you and your department’s role fits into the QSR puzzle is essential in complying with the Quality System regulation and not causing an FDA enforcement action. This course will also explain how FDA conducts inspections, how to properly prepare, what can happen, and what to do if the inspection does not go well. This course will be beneficial to all employees of medical device manufacturers and their vendors. Jim Kozick, previously the Director of Domestic Investigations, FDA L.A. District Office will be a featured instructor joining medical device consulting experts Corrine Bonfiglio and Rich Basler.
What you will learn:
- Understanding of the Elements of FDA QS Regulation (21 CFR Part 820)
- Key factors in obtaining and maintaining compliance
- What is required to comply and expected by FDA to show compliance during a FDA Inspection
- Knowing when you are out of compliance and typical QSIT
- What Quality System information is needed to support Submissions, PMA, 510(k), IDE
- Executive Management’s critical role in QSR compliance
& QSIT inspections
- Concepts and considerations when implementing multiple quality systems such as FDA QSR and ISO 13485
- How to prepare & handle an FDA Inspection to avoid a 483 or Warning Letter
- Examples of non-conformances found by FDA
- FDA’s current hot buttons for or during QSR inspections
- How to know and what to do if you your inspection starts to experience problems!
Benefits of Attending:
- Lower risk of FDA compliance and enforcement actions
- Learn firsthand about FDA investigations & enforcement activities from a 30 year FDA veteran of investigations.
- Learn how to prepare & handle your next inspection before it is too late.
- Cross-department understanding of QSR roles
- Assist with the creation or maintenance of a compliant Quality System
- Help to create a more efficient Quality System
- Lower personnel liability
- Higher quality products
- More buy-in and less departmental bickering
- Meet the training requirements of FDA
- You will be able to sleep at night!
- A. Brief History and Rationale for the QSR (21 CFR 820)
- B. FDA QSR compliance & enforcement tools and activities. What can happen!
- C. Definitions, confusing terms, mapping of terms & documents
- D. QSR element section details and common deliverables & Departmental Roles in each
- E. Company activities and QSR compliance requirements, including vendors to medical device manufacturers
- F. Implementing multiple quality systems within one company, e.g. FDA QSR and ISO 13485
- G. Importance of Internal Audits and how to conduct
- H. Types of FDA Inspections, including accredited 3rd Party Inspections
- I. FDA Inspection Methods, including QSIT
- J. How to Prepare for and Handle your FDA Inspection
- K. Typical Findings and current FDA Hot buttons
- L. Good & Bad Inspections-What happens next
- M. How to respond to an FDA enforcement action
- N. Summary & Review
: Airfare Discounts, Pricing, Discounts, Continuing Education
Units Awarded, Speaker Biographies, Past Participants, Sights
to see in the area.
on-line to reserve your seat now!
Summer is very popular time to visit the Southern California Area.
Be sure to reserve your space and room early!
Contact us at:
info home page
Copyright © 2017 Noblitt & Rueland